Math Homework

Ask Math Questions. Get Help With Your Math Homework

1 Marks 1 ______represents a variable that is the weighted…

Customer Question
1 Marks: 1 ______represents a...
1
Marks: 1 ______represents a variable that is the weighted average of possible variable values in a distribution.
Choose one answer. a. P
b. µ
c. S
d. s
..Question 2
Marks: 1 _______is a variable that can assume only certain, clearly separated values, resulting from a count of some item of interest.
Choose one answer. a. The mean of a probability distribution
b. A continuous random variable
c. The expected value
d. A discrete random variable
e. The standard deviation of a probability distribution
..Question 3
Marks: 1 Please answer questions 3 and 4 based on the following distribution. X P(X)
0 0.3
1 0.2
2 0.2
3 0.1
4 0.1
5 0.1

S(µ)=

Choose one answer. a. 1.0
b. 1.8
c. 2.1
d. 2.4
..Question 4
Marks: 1 The standard deviation of the distribution is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.447
b. 1.58
c. 1.66
d. 2.499
e. 4.623
..Question 5
Marks: 1 A binomial probability distribution:
Choose one answer. a. has a constant probability of success in each trial.
b. determines the result of a trial based on the result of the previous trial.
c. has mutually exclusive outcomes.
d. is determined from an infinite number of trials.
e. both a and c.
f. all of the above.
..Question 6
Marks: 1 A study determines that 60% of the voters in a town intend to vote for the incumbent mayor. If a sample of 8 people is selected the approximate probability, using the binomial formula, that 6 of the 8 people surveyed intend to vote for the incumbent is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.21
b. 0.47
c. 1.28
d. 0.60
..Question 7
Marks: 1 A fair coin is tossed 3 times. The cumulative probability that the number of heads is less than or equal to 2 is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.500
b. 0.675
c. 0.875
d. 0.025
..Question 8
Marks: 1 Please answer questions 8 and 9 using the following information.
Ten accounts are past due for more than 6 months. Four of the accounts are now nonrecoverable. An accountant randomly selects 5 of the 10 accounts. The probabilities for selecting nonrecoverable accounts are as follows: # XXXXX nonrecoverable accounts Probability of selection
0 0.05
1 0.20
2 0.50
3 0.20
4 0.05

The probability of selecting at least 2 nonrecoverable accounts is:

Choose one answer. a. 0.25
b. 0.50
c. 0.75
d. 1.00
..Question 9
Marks: 1 The probability of selecting more than 2 nonrecoverable accounts is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.25
b. 0.75
c. 0.70
d. 0.95
..Question 10
Marks: 1 The proportion of children in a town who like the flavor of a certain soft drink is 0.50. If a random sample of 5 is chosen, the probability that exactly 5 will like the flavor of the drink is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.03125
b. 0.3125
c. 0.500
d. 0.6875
e. 0.96875
..Question 11
Marks: 1 Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of the normal probability distribution?
Choose one answer. a. Bell-shaped
b. Asymptotic
c. Positively skewed
d. Symmetrical
..Question 12
Marks: 1 The standard deviation for a variable, where n = 25, pi = 0.25, is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.3125
b. 1.77
c. 2.165
..Question 13
Marks: 1 For the distribution n = 10, p = 0.4, the probability of x > 7 is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.042
b. 0.055
c. 0.117
d. 0.945
..Question 14
Marks: 1 A sample of 400 people is drawn from a town of 4,000 to determine the probability that an incumbent mayor will win reelection in a two-person runoff. The distribution most applicable to this problem is:
Choose one answer. a. the cumulative probability distribution..
b. the hypergeometric probability distribution.
c. the poisson distribution.
d. binomial distribution.
..Question 15
Marks: 1 For µ = 500; X = 750; and s= 100; Z =
Choose one answer. a. -2.50
b. 0.25
c. 2.50
d. not calculable without additional information.
..Question 16
Marks: 1 For X = 10; s= 3; and Z = -0.67, µ =
Choose one answer. a. 8
b. 12
c. -12
..Question 17
Marks: 1 A population has a mean of 25 and a standard deviation of 5. The area under the normal curve between the mean value and a sample value of 32 is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.3849
b. 0.4192
c. 1.2
d. 1.4
..Question 18
Marks: 1 The area under the standard normal curve between z = 0.68 and z = 1.86 is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.2133
b. 0.2169
c. 0.7203
d. 1.13
..Question 19
Marks: 1 The area under the standard normal curve between z = -0.46 and z = 2.21 is:
Choose one answer. a. 0.132
b. 0.3092
c. 0.6636
d. 1.75
..Question 20
Marks: 1 A firm manufactures batteries for use in handheld appliances. The batteries have a lifetime that is normally distributed with a mean of 36 hours and a standard deviation of 3 hours. The amount of production that will have a life between 30 and 40 hours is:
Choose one answer. a. 6.9%
b. 52.54%
c. 47.72%
d. 88.54%
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Math Homework
6/15/2010
Math Tutor or Teacher: Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 years ago
Stevewh
Stevewh, Bachelor's Degree

Hi, here are the answers:

1) Can you clarify the symbols ??
2) d)
3) b)
4) c)
5) e)
6) a)
7) c)
8) c)
9) a)
10) a)
11) c)
12) c)
13) b) (I think is x ≥ 7)
14) b)
15) c)
16) b)
17) b)
18) b)
19) c)
20) d)

Bonus is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Steve on 6/15/2010 at 9:44 PM EST
Relist: Incomplete answer.
sent in 44 questions, steve answered 20.
i believe he is entitled to half the payment... I managed to finish the rest on my own.

In your post i see only 20 questions (check it please!!!!)

Steve