Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Furuno Model 1720 in the tour boat we operate on…

Hi, we have a...

Hi, we have a Furuno Model 1720 in the tour boat we operate on the Fraser River. It is old, but effective and has given great service for years. The scanner motor has stopped working and we are having difficulty sourcing parts/technicians in the Lower Mainland area of BC. Scanner motor for this unit is : B801 and the Motor control circuit is BM0 7277

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Everything is pretty straightforward. I believe the scanner is sending a signal, but the scanner is not rotating because the motor isn't working at all. Everything , motor, belt , etc inside the scanner housing looks immaculate and all connectors I can see appear secure and tight.

1/9/2019
Marine Electronics Expert: Joe, Marine Electronics Installer replied 3 years ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer

(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with your concern today. The phone call offer is not sent by me, it is auto sent by the website, as well it is optional, you can simply ignore it. I am not generally available via phone.

Should be part number RM-9572 for the motor. Furuno CKD Radar Step Motor J262-164. That should now allow you to locate and purchase one.

You can check power and ground to the motor with a voltmeter to confirm if yours is bad.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer