Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was sent a Garmin GT8W-IH transducer for my Garmin echomap…

Customer Question
I was sent a...

I was sent a Garmin GT8W-IH transducer for my Garmin echomap chirp 73sv. I went to hook it up and it is an 8 pin and my sonar unit is 12 pin. Is there an adapter for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your GT8W-IH?

Just had it sent. Brand new.

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Nothing. Just bought the 73sv and hooking it up today. Had the marine place put the transducer in. All brand new stuff

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I was told by a Garmin rep that this transducer would work with this sonar unit.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
3/30/2018
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 3 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Along with the unit, you will need to get this adapter cable. Once it is installed to the transducer cable, it will plug into the back of the unit.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-12122-10#devices

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you get my question about the transducer not being the right one?

I just sent the answer to you.