Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 788c that powers down on it's own. Sometimes it…

Customer Question
I have a 788c...

I have a 788c that powers down on it's own. Sometimes it will be a while before it will power up again?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I have a 788c that powers down on it;s own. Sometimes you can restore power immediately but usuallt has to set for a while

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Unit has never beed back to factory or software updated

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
3/7/2018
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 4 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

You should really run the software update, as it does add some features and faster boot times for the 788. After that, test the voltage that is going from the boat to the plug in at the unit. Make sure that it is at least 11V. Check for corroded connections at the fuse block and on the back of the unit. With it powering down at random times, it really does sound like it is losing voltage due to a failing connection.

You can register the 788 here and get the software it needs.

https://www.humminbird.com/Support/MyHumminbird/