Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Can I use my total scan ( part #000-12568-001 ) transducer

Customer Question

Can I use my total scan ( part #000-12568-001 ) transducer in conjunction w/ my ( part #000-12395-001 ) 3d add on module and transducer. And if so what would be the ideal distance between the two?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Just received my 3d package today, and in reading the installation instructions there was a mention of a distance between the ducers for a better down scan overlay.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: My boat transom is "v" shaped and to mount these two ducers 12"s apart one would be slightly above the other. Would I get acceptable results by mounting one on either side of the motor.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your question regarding your HDS. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.

Yes you can use both of them together. The recommended distance between then is 12". To get the best performance from them and the best coverage, mounting one on each side of the engine would be best. This way they are not in the line of sight of each other.

With thee transducers being so long and costing so much to replace, I also recommend that you look at http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/ to get the better mounts for them and to protect the transducer from breakage.