Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I JUST PURCHASED A ECHOMAP CHIRP54C AND WOULD LIKE TO GLASS…

I JUST PURCHASED...

I JUST PURCHASED A ECHOMAP CHIRP54C AND WOULD LIKE TO GLASS THE TRANSDUCER INSIDE MY HULL ON A FLATS BOAT .I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THEM ON THE TRANSOM IN THE PAST AND THIS TRANSDUCER IS HUGE.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

I THOUGHT THIS UNIT WAS SONAR AND GPS

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

NOTHING I JUST RECEIVED THIS UNIT TODAY AND AM GETTING A NEW BOAT TODAY

I have glassed multiple transducers in Bass Boats in the past and they worked fine.Just need to know if this transducer
should work.
2/5/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Are you asking "If" it will work, as it will it work at all? Or are you asking how well it will work?

Both
No i am not paying more than the $5 i paid so we need to email

I​t will work, but you will loose quite a bit of sensitivity. How much all depends on how your boats hull is constructed, and if there any voids in the fiberglass lamination or gel coats. On average when you glue down a transducer and use it to "shoot through" a hull, you loose about 50% of your overall sensitivity. If you can do a true through hull transducer there would not be any sensitivity loss. I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

The part number for a true through hull transducer would be CV23M-TH