Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to hook up sea talk to my e120 and depth, and e120 to…

Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up sea talk to my e120 and depth, and e120 to ship to shore

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I ordered all the sea talk wiring needed... are there any diagrams for the ship to shore? I found for the depth, but not ship to shore... does instructions come in the sea talk package?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

I ordered Seatalk 1 converter and the VHF converter

I see the wiring for the VHF says to connect red and green together... just want to do right
1/20/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Which conversion kit do you have for the radio to SeaTalk?

Thanks,

On the back of the radio there should be a plug-in connector for the NMEA connection. This will go to the network bridge for the SeaTalk.

For the ST, it should need that other network bridge, as SeaTalk and SeaTalkng use different connections. The bridge will transfer one to the other.

Yes they are, with one exception. From the St60 going to the bridge you will have the one cable, then on the bridge there will be a power cable, and 1 resistor, not a cable going to anything down the line, in the diagram it is the cable on the left that will be removed and replaced with one of the resistors. The second resistor will be on the "T" joint near the ST60.

Does that make sense?

Right... can I go directly to the ST .... I won’t add anything else... so I thought the seatalk to the display and then directly to the ST.... or do I need to run power?
Ok.... so I do need that cupller and a resister?... thought I could go right to the unit. I wonder if that kit comes with all needed for install?... I think I understand...

It has all of the items that you should need. Both kits do.

Great... thanks Charles!!! Big help

Your very welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Charles
Charles, Marine Tech