Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new Elite 9 TI that has been working ok but

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Elite 9 TI that has been working ok but recently fails on starting up. When you press the ON button the screen logo lights up, blinks once and then stays on for about 20 seconds and then blanks out You can see the logo in the background for another few seconds and then blank screen. I thought it may have been a flat battery but it is now fully charged so I am a bit lost. Hope you can help

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

It has worked fine. Had this problem before Christmas and it corrected itself but now it won't boot up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
1/16/2018
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 7 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your question regarding your Elite. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have a map card in the unit? Such as a Navonics?