Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking to get my ice 35 fixed.would like to get mine

Customer Question
Hi.Looking to get my...

Hi.Looking to get my ice 35 flasher fixed.would like to get mine fixed.It started acting up the second year I had it.The on off range button is not working correctly and have to disconnect battery to shut off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I have not used it ib couple of years but what I remember is it seems like the on off range button has moved inside somehow where the detents don't seem to be in sync.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

Not that I can remember.Seems like it was just that button

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
1/14/2018
Marine Electronics Expert: Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic

H​i, Humminbird offers a flat rate service program on that unit. Since they do such a good job at factory repairs there are very few other places that work on them (and they are tough to get parts for). Here is the flat rate repair page with info on how to get it done https://www.humminbird.com/faqDetail.aspx?id=1477​ In many cases you will simply get back a new unit so while it's a little pricey, it can be a pretty good deal.