Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What do I need to do to set up a lowrance with the doctor…

What do I need...

What do I need to do to set up a lowrance with the doctor sonar chips for ice fishing from a 2017 Polaris Ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I want to put a lowrance gps fish finder inside the cab of a Polaris ranger and i want to use a chip from doctor sonar that has images of the local lakes i want to fish and strictly use for ice fishing only

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

I don't think so

Answered in 2 days by:
1/11/2018
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?

Okay, so which part do you need help with? What kind of Lowrance unit did you purchase?

I haven't purchased anything yet. I want to Ice fish with whatever I buy so that's why I need u to tell me what I need

Your most economical unit that will work with his chips is the Elite 5 Ti. It retails around $550 and should be good for what you are trying to do. It has a total scan transducer and some great features, many of which are also in the larger offshore models. Just hook it up to 12 volts positive and then stick the transducer in the hole with a stick, you're good. It has a built in GPS antenna so you won't have to mount one on the vehicle. https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/activity/inland-fishing/elite-5-ti-medhightotalscan-cmap-pro/​

Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic