Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Lowrance HDS9 Gen 2 sonar/gps. I bought it about 3…

Customer Question
I have a Lowrance...

I have a Lowrance HDS9 Gen 2 sonar/gps. I bought it about 3 years ago along with the west coast chart(us1gzzd1jibsu). Is this chart upgradable? I want to end up with the west coast chart that shows all the closed fishing areas. Also want to know if they show 40 fathom and 50 fathom lines. California Dept. of fish and game changes the depths we can fish from time to time, for a while they close it to no deeper than 50 fathoms, then they might close it to no deeper than 40 fathoms. Other than the contour lines, does your chart show 40 and 50 fathom depths? If my chart is upgradable, do I do that on line?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

No, just that my chip is a micro chip that has never been updated and is in an adaptor.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 5 days by:
12/9/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?