Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have and Elite 7, and the depthfinder has stopped working,

just showing a light gray...
I have and Elite 7, and the depthfinder has stopped working, just showing a light gray screen and some tiny black dots. The transducer seems to be in its normal position, and I have attached and unattached the wires to the unit several times. Which one is attached to the transducer? What can I do to get it working. Thanks, *****: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: I used to have the operations manual downlloaded, but it is gone. Where can i go to download it again?
Answered in 2 days by:
12/5/2017
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your question regarding your Elite. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you have a map card installed, remove it and try the unit again. A corrupted file in it can stop the unit from working.

if this is not the case, try a soft reset on the unit. Press and hold the pages key, then press and release the power button. Release all buttons when the map of the USA appears.

Let me know if this works or not. There are a few other things we can try.

Charles
Charles, Marine Tech