Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Simrad RS 80 VHF radio system. outputting and not…

Customer Question
Hi, have a Simrad...

Hi, have a Simrad RS 80 VHF radio system. outputting and not receiving. What is an approx. service charge to repair this. if need more info. let me know

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

One main unit with two hand units all outputting but not receiving already checked antenna no difference. local tech. advised to send for full service please advise estimated cost

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Not now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
11/30/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 7 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Your unit had a 2 yr warranty from when it was first purchased. Navico, who is the parent company of Simrad, will only work on a unit that is less than 5 yrs old. The service from them is over $100 per hr and they do have a flat rate for VHF radios. To get the cost and to see if they will even work on it, you would need to contact Navico at 1(###) ###-#### You can also email them using the attached page.

http://www.navico-commercial.com/en-US/About-Us/Contact-Simrad-Commercial/