Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Lowance chart plotter/dept finder LCX-28c. I have…

Customer Question
I have a Lowance...

I have a Lowance chart plotter/dept finder LCX-28c.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had your LCX-28C?

I have had it about 5 years used. I installed a Navionic chip of Charlotte, Florida in order to get more detail. I reset the chart plotter to it original

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Settings. I followed the manual to rest the Navionics chip as the fine detail was lost when I reset the Lowance. I was told thet I the Naviotics effect probably was lost. Is this possible if so how can I restore it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I was told by Lowance techniian that I lost the Navionis chip that cost me over $200. Is this correct?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
11/30/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 7 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

If you did a hard reset on the unit with the card still installed, then yes the card was erased. You can go onto the Navionics web site and see if it will allow you to redownload the maps to the card since you have already purchased it. If you cannot see a link online, it would be best to live chat with them at the following link.

https://navionics.secure.force.com/kb/?l=en