Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to update my Trackfish 6600 with the new version. I…

Customer Question
I need to update my...
I need to update my Trackfish 6600 with the new version. I need TRACKFISH 6600 ChartPlotter: v1.8.7 Sep 7 2007How can this be done and how to get in direct contact with Navman?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
11/27/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
For updates you will have to go to. Www.navmanmarine.net. The number to speak directly to them is 1***-***-****.
Shane
Good morning,
sorry Shane but so far I only hit walls. Service seems not to be in their vocabulary.Hans
http://www.navmanmarine.net/navman-marine-combo-unit-manuals.html follow this link and check the left side of the page for chartplotter downloads
Good day Shane,
I just got a reply from Lowrance:Quote
Hi HansThere is no software for this unit Navman Marine went out of business 8 years ago.Regards
Paul Wilkinson
Technical Service Engineer
APAC Technical Support
NAVICO
Unquote.Navman did not go out of business. It was taken over but apparently only with the benefits. Obligations are not of interest for them. So better stay clear of anything from Lowrance or Navico. Will take my losses and move on to an other brand.ThanksHans
That's crazy. Sounds like they only want to sell new stuff and doesn't care about obligations to people that have already speant their money