Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a scubapro uwatec digital depth gauge which was

Customer Question
I have a scubapro...

I have a scubapro uwatec digital depth gauge which was reading in feet but for some unknown reason it change to meter. As being unfamilar with the meter system and not wanting while underwater to guess by depth, I change to my space gauge. The question why did this happen? Can I change the gauge back to read in feet? I could not find any refers to this in the instruction book.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

It is not a computer but the digital depth gauge - Uwatec digital depth gauge

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It been purchased about 4 to 5 years ago likely about 200 dives . I read the instruction book and could find no refers to this problem. When purchase it read in feet. Is the gauge fix at the factory on how to read; feet or meter. If so what caused it to changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to change the gauge to read back to feet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
11/21/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can set the unit system to change it from metric to imperial by pressing the adjust button on the gauge.

Where is this adjust button located on the gauge?. The instruction does not indicate such a button The gauge has 3 metal buttons on the face. one at the top, one on each side (right and left) The instructions show how to turn the gauge on and how to bring - up to the last 9 log dives by wetting fingers touching 2 buttons of the 3 buttons as described in the instructions. .
Terry

Hi Terry,

Please confirm your uwatec model number?

I see this number on the box P/N 06.002.412 ( assume the produce #) and this number on the gauge which I guess is the ser. # 1104080005171
Terry

Sorry, I cannot find the particulars for this particular P/N; I will open up the question to the other techs.

Marine Electronics Expert: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I did not get an answer to my question. Do you need me to go over the question and/or problem again?
Terry

Hi Terry,

I see the question. Are you able to locate the model?

I got this off of the Scubapro web site: 05.014.120 (imperial) 05.014.110 (meters). These may be newer models of the gauge.
I want into asking this question due to looking on line for a new gauge, the online question and answer stated the gauge may be use either way. I was told to use the reset button to reset. No such button on the gauge and the on-line site dive equipment and Scubapro just give me the run around. How I got your site is when I asked the Scubapro support center on how to reset the gauge from meter to feet, they linked me to your site. Cheaper than having their own support people? What I understood about this gauge it is preset at the factory to either feet or meter but no where does it state this. But as stated in my question is that while diving with gauge (well over 200 dives on gauge) it change for some unknown reason from reading in feet to meter. That is where we stand on this problem. I do not know if you can find an answer and I do not know how much time you want to spent on this. I do not fault you or just answer on not being able to answer or solve the problem. If Scubapro or the on line dive place would have just have told me the gauge cannot be reset, then I would have just left the matter rest. Maybe you could find that out? Maybe that the question to try to get an answer for?
Terry

Terry,

I am sorry to hear that you were given the runaround. It is tough to help you because there isn't a model to locate.

ok, I think we should just close out.
thanks for trying to help,
Terry

You are welcome :)
Happy Holidays!
Pete.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer