Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Get a picture, but does not find any location.. Should we…

Customer Question
Get a picture, but...

Get a picture, but does not find any location.. Should we send back for repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

We turn on the machine, get a picture but does not show our boat location or any movement.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
Can you give make and model of your unit?
7200C. We have used it for about 6 years and suddenly one day it would not locate. The. chart appeared on the machine but no location of the boat.
Marine Electronics Expert: Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
You can send it back to be repaired or if you have a game shop near you that does video game system repairs you can ask if they would re-flow the solder for you. If you was to take the unit apart you would most likely dind a spot on the circuit board with corosion on it. Even in a sealed unit eventually it will collect moisture
We do not know of a local video shop and would prefer sending the machine in for repair. Can you provide us with a location where we can send the unit?
You have to go online to lowrance.com and click service and support then select warranty and returns and they will give you the service address closest to you