Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a lowrance hook5. When I recieved this unit it came…

I have a lowrance...

I have a lowrance hook5. When I recieved this unit it came wiith a micro chip (014-0913-00). This chip is to big to fit into micro chip slot. What gives.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

CHip I recieved with unit does not fit slot on GPC hook5.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Can you get me the numbers on the chip you have now? I looked up what you wrote,(###) ###-####00, and that does not come up as valid.

Sorry. That "014-0913-00 is on the plastic sleve. The number on the chip is MSD/NEB-3//EU5. There is another number under neath that number that begins with "US". Don't know if that is the number you need. Thanks. Richard

Hi Richard, Good morning. Okay the way it works is there is a Micro SD card that is inside of the full size SD card adaptor. All you need to do is use your fingernail and pull the Micro SD card out of the full size adaptor. Click this link for a picture, it will make sense once you see this picture - https://static2.tme.eu/products_pics/3/4/9/349478b97f2fc1231c26bca83f969421/227809.jpg I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

Jason, for some reason we are not on the same page. I understand the picture that I looked at. Let me explain something. I am a computer person. For some reason we are having a problem with what I am saying. I lifted up the plastic gate (with my finger nail) that exposes where the chip is inserted. This plastic gate is on the front lower part of my unit. Under neath this plastic gate there is a slot to slide a chip into. My problem is that the width of that slot on my unit (Hook5) is approx 1/2 inch (8/16ths) wide. The chip (MSD/NEB-3/EU5) that was sent to me is 15/16 of an inch wide which is to wide to fit into that slot. That is my problem. I'm not sure what this chip is for but it does ot fit into my unit. Hope this explains my question. Thanks. Richard

H​I Richard. This shouldn't be that difficult unless something (like your chip) is mis-labled and has the wrong numbers on it. Can you send me pictures of both the chip you have as well as the front of your Hook 5 where the slot is.

Jason, great job. Thanks for staying with me until this problem was resolved. Seeing that small chip inside the bigger one was very difficult. I hope I'm not the only person that had that problem. One last question. Does that little chip stay in the unit permanently?
Thank you very much for your help. Richard

Hi Richard. I understand, the chip is really really small and it's definitely tough to see unless you know what to look for. The chip itself does need to stay in the Hook 5 permanently for it to access the maps. (It doesn't save to the Hook 5). If you need to remove the chip for any reason make sure you power down the unit before hand before installing/removing the chip. Aside from that, I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

It looks like you read my answer and left. I know you thanked me, but please keep in mind that thanking does not pay me. Only selecting a rating for my help is what pays me. (The website did charge you the full amount that you offered to speak with me but they will not pay me unless a rating is selected) The ratings box is located at the top of your screen, if you do not see it you might have to scroll up. If you still can not see it, or have a hard time when trying to select a rating for my help, please let me know and I will alert the moderators.
Thanks again and good luck!
Jason

I rate Jason's help to my my problem as excellent. He was quick, articulate, accurate, positive, and thorough with his responses. He was very knowledgeable of the unit that I purchased.. Would rate him as 10+. Job well done. Thanks. Richard.

Thank you Richard, I will let the moderators know that you had problems with the ratings system.

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic