Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hummingbird 541ff fish finder. It doesn't turn on.

Customer Question
I have a hummingbird...

I have a hummingbird 541ff fish finder. It doesn't turn on. I know I have power to the dash board bracket that it attaches to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

When I press the on button nothing appears on the screen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Sometimes it use to turn off by itself. Than I would turn it back on.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 4 days by:
10/3/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic

Hi, if you are sure the bracket pins have power to them and the connection is good when the unit is slid in, then you likely have an internal failure. Some models can be repaired at a fixed rate which may be an option.

What you told me I already new. I thought you could give me an idea about whats wrong with it internaly. I fell I should get my $45 back.