Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Gas bulb not staying hard. There are three caps on the gas…

Gas bulb not staying hard...
Gas bulb not staying hard. There are three caps on the gas tank. the middle gas take with a value broke off. My motor was working fine and now I can get it to ideal and when I turn it back off and back on, It won't stay on and the gas bulb is soft. I am attaching a pic. Could the motor lose pressure over this?
9/21/2017
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Yes it could. That broken piece is the vent for the tank. If it is closed, the tank will not draw air in as fuel is drawn out. If you can move it to there it is dry when you run the engine, open the cap a turn or two, then run the engine. It should run as it has been. If so, simply replace the cap with one that has a vent built into it.

Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Went and bought a new one.
Can u answer my other question.