Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Here is the motor running: I need to adjust the idle, I can…

Customer Question
Here is the motor running...
Here is the motor running : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei45gxl5fnqpair/20170916_152305.mp4?dl=0I need to adjust the idle, I can see that, what else do you think I need to do?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Marine Electronics
9/19/2017
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 9 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello, my name is ***** ***** for requesting me.

The engine does not sound too bad at all, just raise the idle a little bit. The screw is a large flathead screw. Yours is painted white like most of the rest of the engine. You actually did zoom straight in on it at the 25 second point on the vid. It is touching a plate behind it

I decreased it and still does not sound right when in idle, I have to lift the level on the throtel alittle to make it sound right.

You would actually need to increase it slightly.

Turn the screw in and not out.

thats what I ment, increased it, sorry.
The plate behind it, can I move that

The plate should be non adjustable.

Remove the control cable coming from the control box at the connection point on the engine. Then adjust the idle screw so the engine sounds better. Adjust the cable as needed to fit the new location of the attachment point.

Ok, how do I do this? Video or example ?
I did not know I could adjust the cable, that is what is messing me up?

Ok, it should adjust. You will need to loosen that bolt next to the arrow on the cable.

What is the cabled called?

The throttle cable. The other is the shift cable.

I think that I need to call it a night. My meds are kicking in and I will be asleep in not too long.

Do I have to remove it to adjust it or can I do it while its in ?

To adjust it, you would need to turn the black wheel there on that cable.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech