Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a hummingbird fishing buddy Max DI. We changed

Customer Question

We have a hummingbird fishing buddy Max DI. We changed battery it loads then flashes and turns off. Only used 6 a times
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: It worked for about an hour yesterday then screen started to flash and blanked out
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Was the Fishin' Buddy working ok before you changed the batteries?

Did you put in 8 new fresh batteries?

Is there any sign of corrosion in the battery compartment?