Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, I HAVE THIS RADAR Furuno RDP-148

HELLO PEARL, THIS IS FERNANDO I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE THIS RADAR Furuno RDP-148 Navnet VX2 Display Radar/GPS CHartplotter, AND WE WOULD LIKE TO UP DATE IT TO FURUNO 1623 WHAT ANTENNA DO I HAVE TO USE FOR THE NEW RADAR
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: WELL THE NAVNET IS OLD AND I HAVE A AIR BOBBLE IN THE SCREEM, OTHER THAN THAT THE EQUIMENT WORKS FINE, BUT I HARDDLY SEE ANTHING BEACIUSE OF THE SCREEN

Hi, sorry for the delay Fernando, are you still looking for help on this?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
please if you be so kind thanks
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Keep sending me emails please since I am no in the us and phone calls are expensive thanks again

No problem. If you can give me a little time to do some research I will be working on your problem and get back to you in a bit.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you !

Hello Fernando, you can use the Furuno GP330B GPS antenna with the 1623 radar unit. You may also need an AIR-339-101 cable and it will have to be used with NMEA0183 input to the 1623. (The 330 is also capable of NMEA2000 operation).

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks a lot this really helps ! Be well fer

Thanks for your patience.