Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have a Lowrance HDS7 Gen2. After awhile I am getting a

Customer Question

I have a Lowrance HDS7 Gen2. After awhile I am getting a blank screen with vertical lines. By memory I know where the touch screen buttons are and it seems to change but no screen is showing accept the lines. I can turn it off and back on again and it will work for awhile then goes back to the lines. Does the same thing in and out of the water.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Is this unit on a trolling motor?

Are you using the latest software version?

Is there a map card installed in the unit?