Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
99497409

I have a Lowrance LMS520C with Australia Gold D/XL9 chip. I

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Lowrance LMS520C with Australia Gold D/XL9 chip. I used ir successfully in Victoria Australia but have since moved to Queensland Australia. I went out off Mooloolabah last weekend but it didn't show any features like the Mooloolah river, shallow waters, deep water as it did in Victoria. I thought that a Gold chip would show all of Australia. Am I wrong or simply doing something wrong. Shows my tracks etc OK and the waypoints that I put in.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: Don't think so.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 2 months ago.

I​t does appear your Gold chip should have all of Australia out to about 100km. When was the last time it was updated?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Never been updated. How do I go about it?
Expert:  Boat Doc replied 2 months ago.

I​f you have a slot in your PC that fits the card, you can go to Navionics website and download the update (may be a charge). If not, they make little readers that plug into your USB and allow you to do the same thing.