Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness
7183013

I have a Model L365 depth finder. It won't read speed, depth

Customer Question

I have a Model L365 depth finder. It won't read speed, depth only 5ft and 59 water temp when it's in high 70's. Is the transducer bad? It's a model M78898 transducer. If it is , can it be replaced ?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 months ago.

Yes, it does sound like the transducer or it's wiring has failed. If you can trace along the wiring and make sure it's not damaged or pinched, and that it is firmly tightened into the unit. (And there is no corrosion on the plug). If those things are okay, you will need a new transducer, it runs about $100 and is available from several sources on the internet.