Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Lowrance HDS 5x won't turn on, checked fuses and they all

Customer Question

Lowrance HDS 5x won't turn on, checked fuses and they all look fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Front screen on boat quit while fishing and won't turn on. Back screen works fine
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: The fuses all look fine, also switched fuse from back screen and nothing
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Looking at the wiring at the bow, check between the unit and the boats power system. Often there is a fuse there for the unit. Make sure that it is good if installed. You can also test the voltage that is going to the unit using a multimeter at the plug. You need at least 10V for the unit to operate. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done more research since phone call to find out that screen is bad! No further assistance is needed. Thank you!
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome.