Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a gamin mapview 73sv on my boat. It is not showing

Customer Question

I have a gamin mapview 73sv on my boat. It is not showing all of the info that it was doing when it was new. no depth, water temp and contour depths. What should I do. Thanks, Tom
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: 3years old
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing, the first thing it did was stop showing the contour depths. Then I had some repairs done to my engine and I took it off before I left it at the repair shop. When I got the boat back and I hooked it back up, the rest of the items stopp working.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've just checked out the transducer. It appears to be fine
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.

If the transducer is mounted inside the boat, it is possible that it was knocked and became lose in its mounting. You may need to remove it and relocate it inside the hull. If it is external mounted, make sure that it is still mounted in a horizontal fashion and will be in contact with the water. you will also need to inspect the cable from the transducer to the unit. IT is possible that when the engine was being worked on that the cable became cut and this is why it does not work now.