Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

My 197C fish finder wont go off simulator mode. When I turn

Customer Question

my 197C fish finder wont go off simulator mode. When I turn it on it says transducer not connected, but it seems all fine to me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: When I power up the fish finder, it says transducer not connected. I have checked wires at both ends and it seems fine. The fish finder will then go into simulator mode.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: I have had this boat for about 2 months, I am not shure if it worked when I bought it. I could have been in simulator mode all this time .
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am I speaking with?

Is your unit under warranty or is it out of warranty?