Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Raytheon ST5000 auto pilot and a Raytheon L750 Sonar w/

Customer Question

Raytheon ST5000 auto pilot and a Raytheon L750 Sonar w/ transducer. Is the transducer and auto pilot compatible w/c series Gen3 MFD
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Does that mean their compatible w/e70012 sonar mfd
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The marine electronics specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the marine electronics specialist can help you best.
Customer: I've already told you my questions
JA: Is there anything else the marine electronics specialist should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 10 months ago.

Your ST 5000 will be able to communicate to the new MFD. You will need to get a SeaTak to SeaTakng converter to allow then to connect. Once that is done, follow the set up functions on the MFD and it will work controlling the auto pilot. The L750 is not expandable and will not work with the new unit. The transducer is too old for the new unit. You can remove the old transducer and replace it with the new transducer as long as it is mounted to the outside of the hull. If mounted inside, the HD transducer will need to be thru hull mounted to be able to get the detail that it needs.