How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Louie Your Own Question
Louie, Technician
Category: Marine Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 12283
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Type Your Marine Electronics Question Here...
Louie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have purchased a fcv 261 furuno sounder an want to change

Customer Question

I have purchased a fcv 261 furuno sounder an want to change it from 24 to 12 volt what is the process?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it just a matter of soilering the wires from the 24v into the 12v hole on the circuit board?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brad and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, post back with clear pictures of these solder points / connection holes. Please click HERE.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Brad,

Basically yes; as the Furuno Sounder FCV-261 was originally shipped at 18-40 VDC setting (32 or 24 Volts usable).

Relocating the input B+ feedline to the 12V solder point/hole would configure the sounder for 11-20VDC use.

Related Marine Electronics Questions