Marine Electronics

Marine Electronics Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Marine Electronics

I have a SonicHub radio in my sailboat that is interfaced

Customer Question
with my B&G Chartplotter. However, the...
I have a SonicHub radio in my sailboat that is interfaced with my B&G Chartplotter.
However, the SonicHub radio goes on by itself at times and even after I shut it off manually.
Also, I used to be able to control the different source inputs into SonicHub from the the B&G Chartplotter touch screen but I cannot do that anymore. Please advise.
Eddie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Marine Electronics
5/26/2016
Marine Electronics Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The turning On by itself on occasion probably relates to poorly regulated power supplied to the SonicHub radio. Check the ripple voltage on the power supplied to it, with a voltmeter set to Volts-AC, if not with an oscilloscope. And as for controlling the source inputs... please make clear: is that a problem on the B&G Chartplotter, or on the SonicHub? more details might allow for me to make an estimate on what the problem is. Let me know more about it, please.
Russell H., Service Tech