Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Lcx-111c hd when i turn unit on it will display 1cx11c hd 30

Customer Question

lcx-111c hd when i turn unit on it will display 1cx11c hd for about 30 sec then shuts off, will not respond to any outher funshion.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That is obviously a failure to initialize. The device is in a bad way, and might be considered 'broken', unfortunately. Try disconnecting it from everything but the power, then turning it On again... to see if that could make the slightest difference. If it acts exactly the same, check the power going to it, with a voltmeter set to measure DC voltage, and make sure the voltage of power supplied to the device, is what it should be according to the device's specifications. Then set the voltmeter to measure AC volts, and make sure there isn't much more than 4 or 5 Volts of AC on the supplied power - if there is, that could be causing the problem, though I don't expect you'll find it that way. (If your power had that much ripple on it, other devices would also mind it, I'm sure, not just this one.) After which, the question is: Do you want to pay for having the device serviced/repaired? Is it still within the (1-year, probably) warranty period? - if it is, servicing should be free of charge, of course. If you wish to have the device service/repaired, let me know what your local zip code is, so that I can refer you to local repairers of this sort of device. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
local repair shop 61242.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks for the info... I am researching that.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Here are the Navico or Lowrance Certified servicing locations / dealers near your zip code, in order starting with the closest: R & R Sports Inc.2014 N 2Nd StClinton, Iowa 52732USATelephone:(###) ###-#### ***** Boatarama102 31St AveRock Island, Illinois 61201USATelephone:(###) ###-#### ***** Mountain Company3940 Elmore AveDavenport, IA 52807USATelephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-#### ***** Sporting Goods5250 Elmore AveDavenport, IA 52807USATelephone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-#### ***** Boat Company Inc1600 State StBellevue, Iowa###-##-####SATelephone:(###) ###-#### ***** Marine Inc.29088 Hwy 52Bellevue, Iowa 52031USATelephone:(###) ###-#### ***** hope that one of these can help you with the problem Lowrance device (not just offer to sell you a replacement - unless that's what you're looking for.) If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.