Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My AIS FA-50 has stopped sending data to the NavNet 3D

Customer Question

My AIS FA-50 has stopped sending data to the NavNet 3D network. The MFD diagnostic says that the AIS is working and the box itself has appropriate lights for power, transmission and reception. The networked Nobeltec Trident is networked through the hub and is also not showing targets and its auto-configure network tool says that AIS is selected but not detected. Furuno tech as stance call ended with tech not knowing what else to try. *************
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If two different devices whose communications pass through the network hub are both having trouble getting through and being recognized, then you need to consider that the hub - rare as it is - might be defective. Of course, before replacing the hub - unless you simply have one at hand to swap out with it to see if that fixes the problems - you should open the connections, one at a time to avoid forgetting how they go together again, which can happen.... and brush off the connection on both sides, then wipe both sides down with a clean dry rag cloth until the metal shines, then re-connect firmly, and on to the next connector/connection.Do that inspect-clean-and-reseat for both the FA-50 transponder and the Nobeltec Trident too, and see if that helps. It could.If it doesn't help, then you have a defect in your hub presumably. But, if the hub has spare ports, try changing ports connecting to the Trident and the FA-50, to those spare ports, and see if that improves things any, before swapping out the hub.