Marine Electronics

Marine Electronics Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Marine Electronics

I have a Sirius weather subscription. I have a Furuno vx2.

Customer Question
One week ago the Sirius...
I have a Sirius weather subscription. I have a Furuno vx2. One week ago the Sirius weather worked well. The boat has not moved in the last week since the Sirius weather worked at the dock. Today I get a message 'NO CONNECTION" and no weather data downloads are happening. I called Sirius and they refreshed my signal. Two hours later I have not received any data and still get a no connection message. It is hard for me to believe the actual physical connection has changed as the boat has not moved since it last worked. My Sirius radio reception on my boat works well. Is this a Sirius software issue, Furuno issue or indeed a bad connection between the unit and antenna (doubtful to me)?
The battery was dead today and I had to charge them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Marine Electronics
4/29/2016
Marine Electronics Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Pete, what do you think?
Marine Electronics Expert: Joe, Marine Electronics Installer replied 1 year ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. When you call siriusxm you can have them reset/resend the signal as you have noted, you may wish to unplug your unit and or if it has a master reset to reset it on your end as well. Generally no connection means the connection between antenna and main unit, main unit or the signal so it is a process of elimination unless you have another antenna to try which in some cases is required to find the problem. As with electronics they can work perfect one min and the next be bad and have to be replaced without any indication or warning that they are going to fail. Try resetting via alarm-pwr and clear-pwr buttons. Also, confirm batteries are good (load test) and fully charged and that the unit is receiving constant power. Thank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Joe
Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer