How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddy M. Your Own Question
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Category: Marine Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 18398
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
Type Your Marine Electronics Question Here...
Freddy M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to upgrade my fish finder to a Furuno FCV-588. The

Customer Question

Hi I want to upgrade my fish finder to a Furuno FCV-588. The transducer I have is an Airmar TM260 (part no.41-453-1-01) with an 8 pin plug on the end. I was wondering if I can get a connecting cable (8pin male to 10 pin female) to go from the transducer to the 10 pin Furuno sounder. If I can will it work as it should because it has 2 less wires??
If there is no such connecting cable is there anything else I can do to make it work? Maybe I just have buy a new transducer.
Hope you can help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. What was the transducer connected to before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy
it was connected to a garmin 750s via a transducer adapter female 6 pin to male 8 pin which was purchased as an off the shelf adapter
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
This is the closest thing I can find to what you are describing, will this work for you? it will please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.

Related Marine Electronics Questions