Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchased a Helix 5 DL with Navionics card, I…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a Helix...
I recently purchased a Helix 5 DL with Navionics card, I have downloaded the charts to a card to fit the fishfinder but cannot get a response in regard to any charts. I cannot get any info on the charts.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2016
Marine Electronics Expert: Charles, Marine Tech replied 2 years ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Tech

Hello Eric, my name is***** will assist you.

Which Navionics did you purchase?

Navionics Gold MSD50MXG - Australia, New Zealand & Pacific

I am assuming that you have the DI unit not a DL. and it does have GPS?

DI, that's correct

GPS model?

GPS model

Thanks, ***** ***** how you are trying to install the maps? Is the unit on of off when you install the card?

My understanding is the charts are copied from the Navionics card to a micro card through card holders, then the micro card is inserted into the unit. I cannot get a response when I go through the charts feature. I cannot find information on the correct procedure to install these charts, there lies the problem. Thank you.

Ok, the correct way to load a card on a Humminbird, is to have the unit up and running, then load the card. The reader will see it and then upload it.

Do you have a way to read the micro SD card on your computer where you transferred the data? You may wish to look and see what is on the card.

I have set the unit up in the boat and have again downloaded the charts onto the micro chip both as a complete folder and as individual files (17) I have tried both with the chip in on start up and the chip inserted after start up, I get no reaction, the finder unit seems to be working normally. I also tried another chip through the above sequences but again no response.Thank you for your suggestions Charles.

Are you installing the card with the label facing the front of the unit and the notches down?

Also, please verify the model of the card. I am not seeing it on the site.

I am familiar with the cards and have inserted them correctly, they do not lock if incorrect.
The card no. is: MSD/AUS - 3/HUM6 IT1G7S1AIJ1GUS
The unit does not seem to respond at all to the card. I have used a new Micro card in my last attempt.

Eric,

I have contacted Navionics AU to see what they say. You wouldn't happen to live in NSW do you?

I do live in NSW, I have been struggling with this problem for a few months now.

I am not sure how much help they may be there, but here is where they are located. It may well be worth it to take the card and the head unit down to see them.

Ph: +612 9816 7150

Fax: +612 9816 7166

Email: *****@******.***

www.navionics.com.au

Navionics Australia

Unit 202,*****/p>

Lane Cove West NSW 2066

Australia

Thank you Charles, that location is about 400 kms away but I happen to be going down that way for Easter next week, I will give them a ring and see if I can make an appointment.

Thats great. I have not heard anything from them yet. I am hoping to meet with a Humminbird rep in the next two days at the boat show in my dealership.

It is the week after next actually.

Hopefully I will hear something before then.

Thanks Charles.

Your very welcome Eric.