Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can I use a thru hull transducer on my newly purchased 73 sv…

Customer Question
can I use a thru...
can I use a thru hull transducer on my newly purchased 73 sv echomap
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
2/12/2016
Marine Electronics Expert: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Do you know the model or part number of the current transducer that is in the vessel now, and if it is a Garmin model?

OR is/was that transducer already working with another Garmin device?

I only ask because if it is/was working with another Garmin device, there is a very good chance that it will also work with the new EchoMAP unit.

Garmin also has "selection guide" and web page for picking a recommended transducer, and you may want to take a look at that page and guide. I have a link to that page below.

Click Link Below.

http://www8.garmin.com/transducers/

Please let me know what you find for the current transducer or what you find on the Garmin page.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)