Marine Electronics

Marine electronics questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Humminbird PiranhaMax Portable160Pt, And sceen is…

Customer Question
I have a Humminbird PiranhaMax...
I have a Humminbird PiranhaMax Portable160Pt, And sceen is not working,and my power cable the end is broken and I never used this fish finder yet. I have had it on my shelf for a couple years. My battery is full charged would I be able to see the screenlight with out the transducer cable plugged in to it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
1/27/2016
Marine Electronics Expert: Michael, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Normally Yes the screen shoudl still light with a connection error about there being no transducer.

Considering he problems you are having, the best thing to do unfortunately in this case is to send it in to Humminbird repair. They charge a flat fee to fix whatever is wrong with your portable fish finder;-)

Please contact Humminbird Repair: http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/US_ASC/

Humminbird Service Dept.
678 Humminbird Lane
Eufaula, AL 36027
Tel: 1-***-***-****

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael