Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have issues with a 937c Humminbird
, I cannot export

Customer Question

Customer: Hi.. My name is***** and I have issues with a 937c Humminbird
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot export the waypoints on a SD card nor can I upgrade the unit with aa software update the units tells me that the download failed when I try toe excport the wayppoints and it does not see the Sd card when I try to update the unit software however it reads the navionics sd cards
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Electronics Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is in great condition, i followed the Hummnbird instructions to the letter, including reset the unit to factory default, unconnecting all peripherals, tried with several different SD cards, 4,8, and 64...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to repeat, the unit reads the 2 different NAvionic lake maps I have therefore the unit can read SD cards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error message when I try to export the waypoint is simply that the export failed.. the SD card is unlocked and I tried on the 2 different slots available
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again. Hummingbird instructions were followed to the letter. I have no additional info

One thing I would suggest checking if you haven't already is that the write protect tab is in the proper position. Make sure the small piece of plastic that slides on the card is slid up.

If this doesn't help, then the problem may be that the SD card slot needs to be cleaned. In fact, this is more likely the problem since you are unable to save to and successfully read the update from, the SD card. This is simple to do - you just need an SD card cleaner that will slide in and clean the contacts. Here's a link to one.

http://amzn.to/1Ulfucw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tab was up on all as cards. Also I stated earlier that the unit read navionic map sd cards on the 2 slots so they are not dirty

The next thing I would do is a reset so you can get the update installed. The catch 22 is that you aren't able to export waypoints. If you select one or two waypoints do you get the same result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You obviously didn't read my comments. I did the reset. And the unit does not allow to export only a few waypoints
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based on your answers you don't know how to fix this. No lease cancel immediately my membership. I need written confirmation that I will not be charged monthly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please review and update me on the membership situation.