Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Have a navman 5500 in a boat i just purchased. turn it on

Customer Question

have a navman 5500 in a boat i just purchased . turn it on and starts up initial screen but does not go to next stage just freezes on introductory screen then when you hold the power button in to turn off it wont go off have to turn battery off . help Ron
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard tried that with no result looks like a return to the company as it probably needs an updated program installed . Ron
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Its not the program, its the internal memory thats the problem Ron, they will have to change the mainboard on it.

Will be covered by the warranty if it is still valid.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you