Neil, Marine Electronics Dealer
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have purchased a full suite of navigation produces from

Customer Question

I have purchased a full suite of navigation produces from RayMarineHD Color dome, 24 mile radar, chartplotter, weather station, speed depth and temp and the wind insturmets. all will connect on boat internet and to a12" MFD.
Now that I have all of this stuff, I would like to find someone who can train me in there use. Is that something that RayMarine does or are their private parties out there that provides those services?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

So have they been professionally installed or are you installing yourself? What city/state are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Professionally installed in the Netherlands where the boat is being ready for the ocean crossing. I am in San Jose and would like to attend some kind of training class here before I head over to make the trip.
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

West Marine are a RayMarine dealer in San Jose, they seem to be the only one.... You could try giving them a call and see if they can give you a rundown on how to use the gear...

http://www.westmarine.com/

It is best with the gear in front of you rather than just looking at manuals, just explain why you couldn't the gear from them and that you look forward to an ongoing commercial arrangement for servicing and accessories...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the above I know. I have contacted West; no classes. That is the reason that I tried your service. But you folkds does seem to be able to find anything more than I. As a result, I can hardly rate your efforts as they were like mine, unsatisfactory.Thanks anyway for your efforts.Lee
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

The problem is you will need Raymarine classes and the only ones likely to be able to offer that is a Raymarine dealer.. You can get more generalised marine electronic courses but these tend to be over a year part time and not specific to Raymarine... You have been charged for this question, but I am not paid unless you rate positively, its hardly fair to penalize me for the fact that what you wanted doesn't exist.. If you would like to investigate the generalised marine courses I can give you the links but I felt these would be unsuitable in the time frame you have...