Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Garmin echo map 75sv I have wired it up it turns on

Customer Question

Hi guys I have a Garmin echo map 75sv I have wired it up it turns on and I can get the gps working but I can't get the sonar feature too show up. Not sure if I have wired it up probably I run red to positive and black too negative. Not sure what is going on
Cheers
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check the entire length of the cable or wiring to the sonar transponder, looking for strains breaks or severe bending. Clean all connections to it from and at the Garmin 75, one at a time: disconnect, scrub each side of the connection with a clean dry brush, then wipe until the metal shines, then re-connect firmly, and on to the next one.

Then try again.

Red usually is + and black - voltage, where power connections are concerned. But what transponder do you have, what maker and model ? And did you hand-wire the connection from the sonar transponder?

Check, also, whether the sonar transponder is still firmly mounted and undamaged (by perhaps, collision, or grounding, etc.)