How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason Your Own Question
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Category: Marine Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 549
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
Type Your Marine Electronics Question Here...
Jason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a Tacktick Sailmaster. It is hardwire connected to two

Customer Question

Hi, I own a Tacktick Sailmaster. It is hardwire connected to two thru hull transducers. The connector on the mounting cradle (that you snap the Sailmaster to when you mount it on the cradle) has eroded and needs to be replaced. Can I purchase a replacement connector through you, or can you suggest a third party seller that I can buy a replacement connector from?
Burry Gowen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you asking about 'mounting hardware', that is, a non-electric non-electronic hardware connector ? I want to be sure, so that my search may have accurate results.

Please describe the "connector on the mounting cradle" in a little more detail: round, ring-like, whatever shape, etc. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connector is mounted on the Tactick mounting cradle. It is a round shaped plastic connector with a hexagonical shape behind the pins. It is about half to three quarters of an inch in diameter (the connector has 5 pins that protrude from the front that form the male portion of the connection with the Tacktick. The Tacktick Sailmaster has a female port that snaps onto that to make the connection. At the back of the connector are 5 color coded wires that connect with the 5 wires of the cable that connects the connector (and hence the Sailmaster) to the two through hull transducers. One of the transducers is a depth sensor, while the other is a speedo. The problem is that the plastic of the connector itself is disintegrating after 13 years and I need to replace the connector. I'm not sure if the connector is a proprietary part made by Raymarine/Tacktick or if it is available through a 3rd party manufacturer. If proprietary, I need to get a replacement, and if 3rd party, I need to know where I can go to buy a replacement. Thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is this the mounting bracket your TackTick has?:

If it is, that may help me locate the connector piece you have described. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That actually is not the mounting bracket. My mast mounting bracket is similar, but not the same. My mounting bracket is a mast mounting bracket, Tacktick part #T041. The mounting cradle screws onto that bracket with 4 M5 screws/washers/nylock nuts and the connector which is connected to the cable that goes to the transducers protrudes through the mounting cradle. I can send you a picture of the back of the Sailmaster which shows the female side of the 5 pin connector set. The Tacktick Sailmaster is no longer produced or sold by Raymarine, so I was hoping that you might tell me if the connectors were produced by Tacktick/Raymarine originally, or sourced from a 3rd party. If the latter, I could approach the third party to purchase a replacement set of connectors. I don't think Raymarine would have them (unless they have some spares in inventory) as they are focusing on wireless instruments nowadays. Alternatively, if you could suggest a 5 pin connector set produced today that might fit, perhaps I could retrofit my Sailmaster to work with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also planning on heading up to the boat on Tuesday, and I can take a picture of the T041 mast bracket with the mounting cradle screwed on it and I'll take a close up of the male portion of the 5 pin connector set protruding through the mounting cradle so you can see it.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

A picture might help me find a replacement, yes, please.

I would have to identify the connector first, before telling you anything about it.

It's possible that the connector is a Seatalk or other standard type. But send me the photo, I can find no specifications about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. I won't be able to get up to the boat until Tuesday 12/15, but I'll get a picture then. Talk to you soon.
Burry Gowen
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's OK I think. Get back to me whenever there's further news, no obligation to reply otherwise, thanks.