Marine Electronics

Marine Electronics Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Marine Electronics

Have a D-3. 120 Hummingbird Dimension 3sonar. When turned on

Customer Question
Have a D-3. 120 Hummingbird...
Have a D-3. 120 Hummingbird Dimension 3sonar. When turned on screen is very din hard to read or see. Turning the light on does not help very much either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Marine Electronics
12/2/2015
Marine Electronics Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

First, test the power supply to verify that the input voltage is good.

If it is, and the display was previously bright enough to see but has suddenly gone dim, then it is likely that the display is failing and needs to be replaced.

The unit can be returned to Humminbird for repair.

Pete, Electronic Engineer