Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I need help calibrating a newly installed i50 triadata. I am

Customer Question

I need help calibrating a newly installed i50 triadata. I am following the calibration instructions but cannot get it to accept gps speed in calibrating the knot meter. Nor can I get to the function where I could manually adjust the displayed speed to adjust it to the gps speed. It is off By a factor of nearly 50%.
The system has an E120W installed below and an E140W along with a duplicate set of instruments above (i50, i60' and ST 70). I suspect the calibration needs to be done via the E120w which is set up as the master but I can't find instructions for it.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your i50?

Also was it working previously?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i50 was installed mid summer. From the start, clean paddle wheel it registered roughly half of the sog. Then the wheel got fouled and I ignored it for the rest of the season. The bottom and wheel were cleaned a couple weeks ago and I am on my way south to fl moving every day. The i50 is reading speed again, about half the sog. I have followed the calibration instructions but is stops at accept sog and does not give me a manual way to adjust it. There are two of them, up and down and I have tried calibration from both. Is it controlled by the E120w?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for all the information. This is a bad sensor issue and you will need to replace that May I have your state, town and the full model # ***** make of your i50 becasue there are a few different models with the same brand name as happens with mots items.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Tech Michael