Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a hds 7 lowrance touch screen. I find the anchor drag

Customer Question

hello im Dave
I have a hds 7 lowrance touch screen. I find the anchor drag siren to quiet and did not wake me up at night so consequently I drifted across the harbour at night. I find there is no volume control on the siren .can a loader beeper be installed? thisunit is about 12 months old andis fantastic . I anchor at night and find this low volume frustrating and not safe enough . thanx
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The HDS 7 has been commented on in forums as having a low alarm volume and no way to turn it up.

Or perhaps it is just that the one case commented on has an abnormal low volume level prevalent on its alarm.

Look for an audio-output jack on the HDS 7, and see if an external speaker for the alarm can be set up, plugged into it.

If your HDS 7 is less than a full year old, it could still be serviced under warranty... but if over a year from the purchase date, it is out of warranty in all likelihood.