Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a boat stereo system installed which includes a

Customer Question

I have a boat stereo system installed which includes a bazooka and 4 speakers powered by a 4 channel 400 amp. It works just fine until you start the boat up.., then goes into protect mode, the light on the amp goes from green to red. What are we doing wrong? Thanks for you helpful advise
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the headunit, the Bazooka and the 4 channel 400 amp.

Still, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done) on the possibility of over/under-voltage issue. With a volt/multi-meter, determine the battery voltage when:

• • ignition OFF and then when ON;
  • • when starting the engine;
  • • engine at idle;
  • • when engine RPM is increased.