Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My kenwood kmr-D5588T stuck in standby mode.

Customer Question

Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If your saying this unit got internally wet then that would/could cause the problem and kill the radio. Check that you have power on the yellow and red and if so there is not much you can do other than having the radio repaired as it then has an internal failure esp if it internally got wet. Most of these marine radios can only handle water on the face and if it gets inside they can actually still short out as a result, the most common symptoms are stuck in standby, no response and no speaker output or erratic response.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.