How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Category: Marine Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 11697
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
Type Your Marine Electronics Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my cable and connector requirements to connect i60

Customer Question

What are my cable and connector requirements to connect i60 wind, i50 speed, & i50 depth to e95 mfd with ~15 feet run from gauges to e95? Power to gauges and separate power to e95 currently in place. Also need to connect autohelm st6000 autopilot to e95?? Cable run from autopilot to e95 ~6 feet.
P Durand ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The cables for the wind and speed instruments should be included with them. In addition to that you will need the see talk cable to create the see talkback phone. See talk compatible devices simply connect to the backbone and are able to communicate over it.

Here is an example of such a set up.

The backbone is just a single cable that runs to wherever you need an instrument and then you used taps called Spurs. These Spurs connect the individual instruments to the backbone.


Related Marine Electronics Questions